Risk aversion plunged on the positive news of the Russia-Ukraine talks. After several days of rising oil prices, the price of precious metals continued to fall. Domestic futures markets remain stable for the time being.
Back in international markets, WTI crude futures briefly dipped below $100 a barrel, while Brent crude hit its lowest intraday level in nearly two weeks. Spot gold briefly fell below $1,900 an ounce. Comex gold futures closed down 1.1 percent at $1,918.4 an ounce. Comex silver futures closed down 1.14 percent at $24.91 an ounce. "Recently, crude oil prices have been extremely sensitive to changes in geopolitical news." Traders believe that the current oil price is still in the broad impact, Ukraine will still be a premium in the case, although the market further decline, but should not be too pessimistic, it is recommended to wait and see for the time being. The Ukrainian premium is still there and there will be some volatility in the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C market.
Overview of molybdenum carbide Mo2C powder
Molybdenum carbide Mo2C, the molecular weight is 203.88, and the carbon content is 5.89%. It is a dark grey metallic powder with a tightly packed hexagonal lattice. The density is 9.18g/cm and the melting point is 2690℃. As a new functional material, it has high melting point and hardness, good thermal and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. It has been widely used for high temperature resistance, wear resistance and chemical corrosion resistance. Place.
Molybdenum carbide has a hexagonal crystal structure with a = 0.30029 nm and c = 0.472895 nm. Micro Vickers hardness (50g load) is 1950kg/mm2 (compared to 2080kg for WC). / mm2 is softer) with a melting point of 2687°C.
How is molybdenum carbide Mo2C powder produced?
1. Generally, molybdenum carbide powder is first made (using molybdenum and carbon direct chemical method, metal oxide and carbon reduction-chemical method, vapor deposition method and self-propagating high temperature synthesis method), and then made into carbon in vacuum or reducing atmosphere. Sintering is carried out in tube furnace, molybdenum wire furnace and high frequency vacuum furnace (reaction sintering, hot pressing sintering and hot isostatic pressing sintering are mostly used).
2. After the molybdenum powder and carbon black are fully mixed, they are ground with a ball mill and pressed into shape. In a stream of hydrogen, the product is calcined at 1350-1500°C, then the calcined product is cooled, pulverized and ground. Or use molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide instead of molybdenum powder reduction method.
3. Auxiliary metal bath method. With cobalt as auxiliary metal, choose Mo:Co to 1:(1 ~1.5) to form a metal bath, heated to 1800°C in a pure graphite crucible with a Taman furnace in a hydrogen stream, cooled (heated to 1800°C within 1h)°C, kept at 1800°C for 2 to 3h, and cooled to room temperature for 2h) , pulverize the solidified product in a crucible, treat it with warm hydrochloric acid, dissolve and remove cobalt, and obtain powdery Mo2C with a particle size of 150-350 μm, and the purity is: containing bound carbon 5.82% ～ 5.85% (mass), free carbon 0.26% ～ 0.32% (mass), total carbon 6.08% to 6.17% (mass).
4. Made of metal molybdenum carbide.
Molybdenum trioxide MoO3 is hydrogenated and reduced to obtain molybdenum powder. Then the mixture of molybdenum powder and carbon black [Mo934% (mass) C6.6% (mass)] was dry-blended with a ball mill for about 10 hours, and formed under a pressure of about 1t/cm2. The pressurized block was placed Put it into a graphite plate or crucible, and use a Taman furnace or an induction heating furnace to heat it to 1400 ~ 1500 °C (see picture) in a hydrogen flow (using pure hydrogen with a dew point of about -35 °C), and keep it at this temperature for about 1h . Molybdenum carbide produces Mo2C.
5. Use synthetic methods.
First, the molybdenum powder was fully mixed with Mo93.4% (mass fraction) and carbon black [containing V6.6% (mass fraction)], then ground with a ball mill for 1 hour, pressure-molded, and placed in an induction furnace. In a hydrogen stream, calcined at 1350-1500 ° C for 1 h, and then the calcined product was cooled, pulverized and ground to obtain the product. Molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide can also be used instead of molybdenum powder for reduction to obtain molybdenum carbide.
Application of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder
Molybdenum carbide is a new functional material with high melting point, high hardness and excellent corrosion resistance. It has been widely used in various fields of high temperature, wear resistance and chemical corrosion. It has similar noble metal electronic structure and catalytic properties.
1. Because its electronic structure and catalytic properties are similar to those of noble metals, molybdenum carbide can be widely used as a catalyst for reactions involving hydrogen, such as alkane isomerization, unsaturated hydrocarbon hydrogenation, hydrodesulfurization, denitration, etc.;
2. Molybdenum carbide is an important part of molybdenum-molybdenum carbide hard coating and other cermet coatings, and can also be used as wear-resistant and wear-resistant coatings alone;
3. Molybdenum carbide can be used to produce chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics;
4. Molybdenum carbide is used as superhard tool material, wear-resistant material, heating element material, high temperature structural material;
5. Molybdenum carbide is used to produce wear-resistant films and semiconductor films;
6. Molybdenum carbide can be used to manufacture special alloys and engineering ceramics without chromium;
Molybdenum carbide Mo2C powder price
The price of molybdenum carbide Mo2C powder varies randomly with the production cost, transportation cost, international conditions, exchange rate, market supply and demand and other factors of molybdenum carbide Mo2C powder. Tanki New Materials Co.,Ltd aims to help various industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full range of customized services. If you are looking for Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder, please feel free to contact us for the latest price of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder.
Molybdenum carbide Mo2C powder suppliers
As a global supplier of molybdenum carbide Mo2C powders, Tanki New Materials Ltd. has extensive experience in advanced engineering material properties, applications and cost-effective manufacturing. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including boron carbide, aluminum carbide, titanium carbide, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics, structural devices, and provides OEM services.
|Technical Parameter of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:|
|Chemical Composition||Mo+C||C||Free C||S||O||Fe|
|Test Result (%)||99||11.3||0.2||0.02||0.4||0.12|
|Molybdenum Carbide Properties|
|Other Names||dimolybdenum carbide, Mo2C powder|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
|Molybdenum Carbide Health & Safety Information|
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic not only had a significant impact on public health, it also severely affected one of the linchpins of the global economy – the tourism industry. As many countries introduced curfews and travel restrictions to contain the spread of the virus, travel across the world significantly declined from early 2020 onwards. The financial repercussions of the coronavirus have already begun to manifest themselves within the tourism industry. In 2020, global revenue from the travel and tourism industry was estimated to drop from a forecasted 711.94 billion U.S. dollars to 568.6 billion U.S. dollars, representing a decrease of over 20 percent. The region predicted to see the highest decline in revenue was Europe, decreasing from 211.97 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 to roughly 124 billion U.S. dollars in 2020.
Boron carbide (B4C) is an extremely hard boron-carbon ceramic and covalent material used in tank armor, bulletproof vests, engine damage powder, and many industrial applications.…
Molecular sieves are materials with holes of uniform size (very small holes). These pores are similar in size to small molecules, so large molecules cannot enter or be adsorbed, while smaller molecules can.…
Recently, the Russian President hosted a meeting with oil and gas industry representatives. He said that the refusal of some Western countries to cooperate normally with Russia and deny some Russian energy resources has hit millions of European peop…